When it comes to creating a beautiful landscape for your home or business, it can be daunting to know where to start. There are a lot of variables to consider, the design, plants to use, and upkeep. That is why it is essential to enlist the help of a landscape architect. By hiring a landscape architect, you will acquire their knowledge and skill to build the landscape of your dreams. Therefore, we are sharing ten reasons you should hire a landscape architect for your next design.
- A landscape architect can add value to any home or business because they are trained to design an outdoor living space that will be custom to fit your needs and desires for any area. Arbors, installed seating, fountains, fire pits/fireplaces, patios, and even outdoor kitchens can create a space that is both inviting and environmentally sustainable. Landscapes grow in value over time, while traditional home additions or remodels start to lose value.
- A significant advantage of hiring landscape architects is that they’re trained to think about landscapes as systems. They will assess your property and create a plan that addresses your desires of how your landscape will look. In addition to helping you select the perfect materials, styles, textures, and colors for your landscape project while handling all the details, saving you time and stress.
- Landscape architects can help design a low-maintenance garden featuring native plants, which will reduce water costs, chemical applications, and insects.
- The proper placement of trees and large shrubs can lower energy bills by lowering heating and cooling costs, and a knowledgeable landscape architect will be able to provide a design that takes this into account for your home or business.
- A design with paving can offer solutions for driveway flooding while reducing runoff and groundwater recharge. A landscape architect can work paving into your landscape design.
- A landscape architect can create a design with a properly placed rain garden for backyards that experience seasonal flooding. Rain gardens work as a way to filter rainwater runoff away from sidewalks and lawns to allow the water to infiltrate back into the ground. Plus, they are more attractive than a storm drain.
- Landscape architects can add a natural swimming pool to a design. A natural has benefits of a chlorinated pool with less maintenance and harsh chemicals
- Landscape architects can incorporate an irrigation system into a design. Drip irrigation systems water plants right at the root and serve as an alternative to sprinkler systems. However, an incorrectly installed irrigation system can not only cost more on a monthly water bill, but it can also kill all of the new plants it’s meant to be helping. Over-watering is a considerable problem in many residential landscapes and one that can be easily avoided.
- Landscape architects offer expertise from start to finish. Landscape architects will remain involved with the construction and follow up even after the project has been completed.
- Landscape architects will deliver a finished project that you will love but also comply with regulations and codes.
Want to chat more about this service? Contact our team here.